See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|For the adobo lime steak:|
|3||cloves garlic, chopped|
|2||sprigs fresh oregano|
|1||pound flank steak|
|1||teaspoon coarse salt|
|For the avocado cream sauce:|
|1||part sour cream|
|1||part Greek yogurt|
|squeeze of lemon (for color)|
|For the jalapeno and lime grilled corn:|
|4||cloves garlic, peeled|
|6||ears yellow corn|
|3||medium jalapeno peppers|
To prepare the lime steak:
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir in the chipotle peppers, and season to taste with adobo sauce.
- Pierce the meat on both sides with a sharp knife, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in a glass dish. Pour lime and chipotle sauce over meat and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Place steaks on the grill and discard marinade. Grill steaks for 6 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Slice thinly and serve on a plate with cilantro, tomato and onion.
To prepare the scallps:
- Rinse the scallops in water and pat them dry.
- Sprinkle the scallops with lemon and pepper.
- Grill scallops with pancetta until the pancetta is crispy.
- Serve with the avocado cream sauce.
To make the jalapeno & lime grilled corn:
- Combine butter
- Cook corn on grill.
- Cut disks of butter and rub onto corn
If meat isn't part of your main dish plans, don't worry because we've got you covered. Browse our collection of the best vegetarian meals around.
With so many different types of beef and even more ways to cook them, you'll never run out of beef recipes.