See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|For the adobo lime steak:|
|3||cloves garlic, chopped|
|2||sprigs fresh oregano|
|1||pound flank steak|
|1||teaspoon coarse salt|
|For the avocado cream sauce:|
|1||part sour cream|
|1||part Greek yogurt|
|squeeze of lemon (for color)|
|For the jalapeno and lime grilled corn:|
|4||cloves garlic, peeled|
|6||ears yellow corn|
|3||medium jalapeno peppers|
To prepare the lime steak:
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Stir in the chipotle peppers, and season to taste with adobo sauce.
- Pierce the meat on both sides with a sharp knife, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place in a glass dish. Pour lime and chipotle sauce over meat and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Place steaks on the grill and discard marinade. Grill steaks for 6 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Slice thinly and serve on a plate with cilantro, tomato and onion.
To prepare the scallps:
- Rinse the scallops in water and pat them dry.
- Sprinkle the scallops with lemon and pepper.
- Grill scallops with pancetta until the pancetta is crispy.
- Serve with the avocado cream sauce.
To make the jalapeno & lime grilled corn:
- Combine butter
- Cook corn on grill.
- Cut disks of butter and rub onto corn
You Might Also Like
Cooking turkey doesn't have to be time-consuming or difficult if you follow our easy-to-understand recipes.
Grill it, bake it, blacken it or even eat it raw. These are just a few of the ways that our recipes suggest to cook fish. Try them today.