Almond Chocolate Crown
Makes about 12 servings
|2||packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers|
|1||envelope unflavored gelatin|
|1||cup sugar, divided|
|2/3||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1/4||cup almond-flavored liqueur|
|1-1/2||cups whipping cream|
|Sliced almonds for garnish|
*Use clean, uncracked eggs.
- Gently split ladyfingers using serrated knife. Line bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan with split ladyfingers, cut side facing in. Refrigerate.
- Combine egg yolks and milk in small bowl; beat well. Combine gelatin, 3/4 cup sugar and cocoa in medium saucepan.
- Add egg yolk mixture to gelatin mixture. Let stand without stirring 3 minutes for gelatin to soften. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Using wire whisk, beat until completely blended. Whisk in liqueur.
- Pour mixture into large bowl. Place bowl in refrigerator; stir mixture occasionally. Chill until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.
- Beat whipping cream with electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
- Beat egg whites in separate large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold gelatin mixture into egg white mixture.
- Gently fold whipped cream into egg white mixture. Pour mixture into ladyfinger-lined pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Prepare Almond Cream. To serve, remove side of pan. Cut into serving pieces. Serve with Almond Cream. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Pies & Tarts