YIELD Makes 9 (1-inch) slices
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|1/2||cup cream cheese, softened|
|3/4||cup sugar substitute*|
|2||tablespoons brown sugar|
|2||cups almond flour**|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cardamom|
|1||tablespoon honey roasted sliced almonds|
|Berries and whipped cream (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9X5-inch loaf pan (or two mini loaf pans) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, sugar substitute and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine almond flour with salt, baking powder, ginger and cardamom in medium bowl. Gradually add to egg mixture while beating on medium speed.
- Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with honey-roasted almonds. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Serve with berries and whipped cream, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1-inch slice|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Calories from Fat||65 %|
See what's involved in making ginger & spice cookies from scratch. These recipes are great for chefs of all ages.
Making friends and influencing people can usually be best achieved by sharing a batch of fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate cookies. Try it and you'll see.