Makes 36 servings
|1||box (16 ounces) angel food cake mix|
|1-1/4||cups cold water|
|1/4||teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)|
|Red food coloring|
|4-1/2||cups light whipped topping|
|Green food coloring (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 36 standard (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
- Beat cake mix, water and peppermint extract, if desired, in large bowl with electric mixer at low speed 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat 1 minute.
- Pour half of batter into medium bowl; carefully stir in 9 drops red food coloring. In each muffin cup, alternate spoonfuls of white and pink batter, filling baking cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 11 minutes or until cupcakes are golden with deep cracks on top. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Divide whipped topping between three small bowls. Add 2 drops green food coloring to one bowl of whipped topping; stir gently to combine. Add 2 drops red food coloring to one bowl of whipped topping; stir gently to combine. Frost cupcakes with red, green and white whipped topping as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
|Serving Size:||1 Cupcake|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Calories from Fat||14 %|
Check out more recipes for Cupcakes