Makes 1 (1-1/2-pound) loaf
|1/2||cup butter, softened|
|3||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup dry milk powder|
|1-1/2||teaspoons active dry yeast|
|1||package (7 ounces) almond paste, cut into small pieces|
|1||cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar|
- Measuring carefully, place all dough ingredients in bread machine pan in order specified by owner's manual. Program dough cycle setting; press start.
- Meanwhile, combine almond paste, 3 eggs and 1 cup sugar in blender or food processor. Cover; process until combined. Set aside. Grease 9-inch round baking pan; set aside.
- When dough cycle is complete, remove dough to lightly floured surface. If necessary, knead in additional all-purpose flour to make dough easy to handle. Pat dough into 9-inch circle and press into and 1/2-inch up side of prepared pan.
- Spread filling evenly over dough. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Core and cut apples into thin slices. (Do not peel apples.) Arrange apple slices over filling and sprinkle lightly with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Check out more recipes for Coffeecakes