Apple Cranberry Cobbler
Makes 8 servings
|6||medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
|3/4||cup dried cranberries or dried cherries|
|1/3||cup orange juice|
|2/3||cup packed light brown sugar|
|1-1/2||cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided|
|1-1/4||teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cloves|
|3/4||cup plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided|
|1-1/2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1/4||cup butter, melted|
|1||cup apple butter|
|2||tablespoons amaretto liqueur (optional)|
|Mint leaves (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place apples and cranberries in 11X7-inch baking dish. Drizzle orange juice over fruit.
- Combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and cloves in small bowl. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat.
- Combine remaining 1-1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar and baking powder in medium bowl. Add egg, milk and butter; stir to blend. Drop tablespoonfuls over top of apple mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon granulated sugar over topping. Bake 35 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and apples are tender. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack.
- Combine apple butter and liqueur, if desired, in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until warm. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls sauce over each serving. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Cobblers & Crisps