Apple Ring Coffee Cake
YIELD Makes 12 servings
|3||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1||cup walnuts, chopped|
|1‑1/2||cups granulated sugar|
|1||cup vegetable oil|
|2||medium tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped|
|Powdered sugar for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 10-inch tube pan.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into large bowl. Stir in walnuts; set aside.
- Combine granulated sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl. Stir in apples. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen edges with metal spatula, if necessary. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Transfer to serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately. Store leftover cake in airtight container.
This recipe appears in: Coffeecakes