YIELD Makes 12 servings
|3||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1||cup walnuts, chopped|
|1‑1/2||cups granulated sugar|
|1||cup vegetable oil|
|2||medium tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped|
|Powdered sugar for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 10-inch tube pan.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into large bowl. Stir in walnuts; set aside.
- Combine granulated sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl. Stir in apples. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen edges with metal spatula, if necessary. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Transfer to serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately. Store leftover cake in airtight container.
Whether you are trying to find something for dinner or breakfast; you'll find easy-to-follow recipes for a variety of dinner rolls to cinnamon buns.
You can't go wrong with biscuits and scones, so put on your chef hat and apron and get in the kitchen to try our recipes.