YIELD Makes 4 servings
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|2||whole chicken breasts, split, skinned and boned|
|1||jar (10 ounces) apricot preserves|
|1/2||cup soy sauce|
|12||dried apricots, chopped|
|1||can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and liquid reserved|
|1||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1||teaspoon garlic powder|
|Apricot Rice (recipe)|
|2||cups sliced mushrooms|
|1||red or green bell pepper, cut into strips|
|3||stalks celery, diagonally sliced|
|1||bunch green onions, sliced|
|1||package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods|
|Soybean sprouts for garnish|
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat until foamy. Add chicken to skillet in single layer; cook 10 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning once.
- Stir in preserves, water, soy sauce, apricots, liquid from water chestnuts, ginger and garlic powder. Simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare Apricot Rice.
- Add mushrooms, celery, bell pepper, water chestnuts, green onions and pea pods to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are heated through.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over rice. Garnish, if desired.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.
Learn to cook authentic Middle Eastern cuisine by checking out our collection of recipes. And you can use a fork if you'd like.