YIELD Makes 4 servings
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|2||whole chicken breasts, split, skinned and boned|
|1||jar (10 ounces) apricot preserves|
|1/2||cup soy sauce|
|12||dried apricots, chopped|
|1||can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and liquid reserved|
|1||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1||teaspoon garlic powder|
|Apricot Rice (recipe)|
|2||cups sliced mushrooms|
|1||red or green bell pepper, cut into strips|
|3||stalks celery, diagonally sliced|
|1||bunch green onions, sliced|
|1||package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods|
|Soybean sprouts for garnish|
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat until foamy. Add chicken to skillet in single layer; cook 10 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning once.
- Stir in preserves, water, soy sauce, apricots, liquid from water chestnuts, ginger and garlic powder. Simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare Apricot Rice.
- Add mushrooms, celery, bell pepper, water chestnuts, green onions and pea pods to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are heated through.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over rice. Garnish, if desired.
Learn how to cook the best Midwestern fare you've ever tasted, and all from the comforts of your own kitchen.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.