Asian Asparagus Rolls with Salziki Sauce
YIELD Makes 6 servings
|1||cup plain fat-free yogurt|
|1/2||cucumber, seeded and grated (about 1/3 cup)|
|1||teaspoon snipped fresh dill|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|Dash white pepper|
|1‑1/2||cups shredded carrots|
|1||cup each zucchini and yellow squash, cut into 2X1/4-inch strips|
|1/2||pound thin asparagus, halved and cut into 2-inch pieces|
|1/3||pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced|
|1‑1/2||teaspoons reduced-fat margarine|
|1/4||cup each diced onion and diced celery|
|1/2||teaspoon salt (optional)|
|1/2||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon each turmeric, dry mustard and ground cumin|
|1/8||teaspoon each ground cinnamon and ground coriander|
|Dash ground red pepper|
|3/4||cup no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained|
|1||teaspoon instant flour|
|2||tablespoons prepared mango chutney|
|12||egg roll wrappers|
|4||slices fresh ginger slices|
- Place yogurt in cheesecloth or double paper towel-lined sieve. Set over bowl to drain about 1 hour. Combine remaining Salziki Sauce ingredients in separate bowl; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray medium baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spread carrots, squash and zucchini in one layer on sheet; roast 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Place asparagus, mushrooms and water in microwavable bowl. Cover and cook at HIGH about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Heat margarine in medium saucepan over high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 2 minutes until soft. Stir in garlic and spices. Add tomatoes; simmer 2 minutes. Add flour; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Pour into medium bowl; stir in chutney, carrot and asparagus mixtures.
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray; set aside. Place one egg roll wrapper on work surface with one corner pointing toward you. Place about 1/4 cup vegetable mixture in center of wrapper in rectangle shape. Fold left and right corners over filling; fold bottom corner over filling to form envelope. Press gently at top of filling to remove any air. Moisten exposed wrapper edges slightly with water; firmly roll up filled wrapper starting at bottom. Place roll on prepared baking sheet. Repeat steps with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray steamer rack with cooking spray; set in pot over simmering water. Add ginger to water. Place rolls on rack with seam side up. Steam 16 to 18 minutes or until roll is hot and wrapper is cooked through. Place on serving plate; keep warm.
- Remove yogurt from sieve to small serving bowl; discard any liquid. Stir in remaining reserved sauce ingredients. Serve rolls with Salziki Sauce.
Instant flour is used most often to thicken sauces or gravies. Because it is a granular flour, it dissolves more easily in hot or cold liquids.
This recipe appears in: Asian
|Serving Size:||2 rolls with about 1/4 cup sauce|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Calories from Fat||7 %|