YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||beef flank steak (about 1 pound)|
|2||cups uncooked instant rice|
|4||sheets (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||green bell pepper, cut into thin strips|
|1||red bell pepper, cut in thin strips|
|1/2||cup teriyaki sauce|
|1/4||cup orange marmalade|
|1||can (11 ounces) mandarin orange sections, drained|
|1||cup beef broth or water|
|1||green onion, sliced (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut flank steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices. Place 1/2 cup rice in center of one sheet of foil. Divide beef strips into four equal portions. Arrange four beef strips on foil to enclose rice. Top with remainder of one portion of beef. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Place a quarter of bell peppers on beef. Combine teriyaki sauce and marmalade in small bowl. Drizzle 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce mixture over vegetables.
- Arrange a quarter of orange sections around beef and rice. Place 2 ice cubes on top of vegetables. Fold up sides of foil and pour 1/4 cup broth into packet.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet, leaving head space for heat circulation. Repeat with remaining rice, beef, black pepper, bell peppers, sauce mixture, orange sections, ice cubes and broth to make three more packets. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates. Garnish with green onion, if desired.
You Might Also Like
You don't need a PhD in cooking to prepare authentic European cuisine, because all you have to do is follow our recipes.
Anyone can cook. Take this to heart the next time you embark of trying to cook authentic French cuisine. Read our recipes to find out everything you need to know.