YIELD Makes 6 servings
|1||pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 4 crosswise pieces each|
|1||tablespoon peanut or canola oil|
|1/2||16-ounce bag ready-to-cook frozen mixed Asian vegetables|
|1/4||cup teriyaki marinade|
- Place cornstarch and chicken pieces in plastic bag; shake well to coat.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; stir-fry until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Push vegetables to one side of pan. Add chicken pieces; stir-fry until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add teriyaki marinade and water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.
Contrary to popular belief, Southern cuisine does not have to involve frying everything (but it helps in many cases). Learn the secrets of country cooking with our Southern recipes. Y'all enjoy.
Don't you dare go to fast-food taco restaurants when you can learn to cook authentic Mexican cuisine from your own kitchen.