Baked Chicken with Bacon-Tomato Sauce
Makes 4 servings
|2||cups fire-roasted diced tomatoes*|
|6||slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|4||pounds bone-in chicken pieces (about 8 pieces)|
|3/4||teaspoon salt, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1||onion, cut into 1/3-inch slices|
*Fire-roasted tomatoes give this dish a deeper, more complex flavor. Look for them in your supermarket or specialty store next to the other canned tomato products.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spread tomatoes on bottom of 13X9-inch baking dish.
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 8 minutes, turning once. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Reserve skillet and drippings.
- Season chicken pieces with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook in another large skillet over high heat until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes, turning as needed to brown evenly. Arrange chicken over tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, cook onion slices in reserved bacon drippings until golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer to brown paper bag with slotted spoon. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; shake to degrease onions and mix with salt.
- Transfer chicken and tomatoes to serving plate; sprinkle with bacon and onions.
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
|Total Fat||67 g|
|Calories from Fat||64 %|
Check out more recipes for Chicken