YIELD Makes 12 servings
|1||package (about 18 ounces) spice cake mix|
|1/3||cup vegetable oil|
|1||teaspoon imitation vanilla butter & nut flavoring|
|1||ripe banana, peeled and mashed (1/2 cup)|
|1||cup cold whipping cream|
|1/3||cup powdered sugar|
|4||ounces cream cheese, softened|
|1||package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix|
|1‑1/4||cups milk, divided|
|1/2||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|8||to 10 fresh flowers (stems removed)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 (8-inch) square cake pans; line bottoms of pans with waxed paper.
- Combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs and flavoring in medium bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add mashed banana; mix well. Pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpicks inserted into centers come out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Place whipping cream in medium bowl; beat at high speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form, about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form, about 15 seconds.
- Combine cream cheese, pudding mix and 1/4 cup milk in large bowl; beat at low speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add remaining 1 cup milk and nutmeg. Increase speed to medium; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until needed.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spoon 3/4 cup pudding mixture evenly over top. Peel, slice and arrange banana evenly over cake. Top with remaining cake layer; top with remaining pudding mixture.
- For garnish, if desired, cut 7-inch circle from waxed paper. Lightly spray both sides of circle with nonstick cooking spray; place circle on top of cake. Arrange flowers on waxed paper as desired. Remove flowers and waxed paper before serving.
Learn how to make all kinds of cheesecake - everything from the plain cheesecake to the extra-duty, tooty fruity cheesecake - and everything in between.
Make a batch of mint cookies that will amaze and delight your friends and family with your prowess in the kitchen.