YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|2||tablespoons chopped green onion|
|1||teaspoon anchovy paste or 1 canned anchovy fillet|
|3||cloves garlic, halved|
|1/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|3||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||cup drained canned button mushrooms or straw mushrooms|
|1||cup drained canned baby corn|
|3||tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|3/4||cup fresh basil leaves|
|Boston or romaine lettuce leaves|
|Red jalapeño or red Thai chili pepper* flowers for garnish|
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices; set aside.
- Place onion, anchovy paste, garlic and red pepper flakes in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add chicken; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to large bowl. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion mixture to wok; stir-fry 1 minute. Add mushrooms and corn; mix well. Add soy sauce and sugar; stir until sugar dissolves. Return chicken to wok; stir-fry until heated through. Add basil; toss gently to combine.
- Line serving platter with lettuce leaves. Spoon chicken onto lettuce. Garnish, if desired.
Anyone can cook. Take this to heart the next time you embark of trying to cook authentic French cuisine. Read our recipes to find out everything you need to know.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.