YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|2||tablespoons chopped green onion|
|1||teaspoon anchovy paste or 1 canned anchovy fillet|
|3||cloves garlic, halved|
|1/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|3||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||cup drained canned button mushrooms or straw mushrooms|
|1||cup drained canned baby corn|
|3||tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|3/4||cup fresh basil leaves|
|Boston or romaine lettuce leaves|
|Red jalapeño or red Thai chili pepper* flowers for garnish|
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices; set aside.
- Place onion, anchovy paste, garlic and red pepper flakes in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add chicken; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to large bowl. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion mixture to wok; stir-fry 1 minute. Add mushrooms and corn; mix well. Add soy sauce and sugar; stir until sugar dissolves. Return chicken to wok; stir-fry until heated through. Add basil; toss gently to combine.
- Line serving platter with lettuce leaves. Spoon chicken onto lettuce. Garnish, if desired.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.
Learn how to prepare traditional Northeastern meals and dishes that will delight even the staunchest Yankee stomach.