YIELD Makes 2 loaves
|1/4||cup unsalted butter, softened|
|6‑1/2||to 7-1/2 cups bread or all-purpose flour, divided|
|2||packages active dry yeast|
- Heat milk and butter in small saucepan over medium heat just until butter is melted. Remove from heat; cool to about 120° to 130°F.
- Combine 4 cups flour, yeast, salt and sugar in large bowl. Add milk mixture and eggs. Beat vigorously 2 minutes. Add remaining flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until dough begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured work surface; flatten slightly. Knead 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding flour if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Shape dough into a ball. Place in large lightly oiled bowl; turn dough over once to oil surface. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Grease two 9X5-inch loaf pans; set aside. Turn out dough onto lightly oiled work surface; divide in half. Shape each half of dough into loaf; place in prepared pans. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake 25 minutes or until loaves are golden and sound hollow when tapped. Immediately remove bread from pans and cool on wire rack.
Whether you are trying to find something for dinner or breakfast; you'll find easy-to-follow recipes for a variety of dinner rolls to cinnamon buns.
Duggar Homemade Rolls are a family favorite for the Duggars of 18 Kids and Counting. Learn to make Duggar Homemade Rolls at TLC Cooking.