YIELD Makes 10 servings
This flavorful dish, perfect for the meat and potato lover, packs an impressive punch of essential nutrients. It can't be beat as a source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B12, iron and phosphorous.
|1||beef tenderloin roast (about 3 pounds), trimmed of fat|
|1/2||cup chardonnay or other dry white wine|
|1/2||cup reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|2||cloves garlic, sliced|
|1||tablespoon fresh rosemary|
|1||tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|1||teaspoon dry mustard|
|1||pound small red or white potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1||pound brussels sprouts|
|1||package (12 ounces) baby carrots|
- Place roast in large resealable food storage bag. Combine wine, soy sauce, garlic, rosemary, Dijon mustard and dry mustard in small bowl. Pour over roast. Seal bag; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 4 to 12 hours, turning several times.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 13X9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes, brussels sprouts and carrots in pan. Remove roast from marinade. Pour marinade over vegetables; toss to coat well. Cover vegetables with foil; roast 30 minutes. Stir.
- Place tenderloin on vegetables. Roast, uncovered, 35 to 45 minutes or until internal temperature of roast reaches 135°F for medium-rare to 150°F for medium when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of tenderloin.
- Transfer tenderloin to cutting board; tent with foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving. (Internal temperature will continue to rise 5°F to 10°F during stand time.) Reserve drippings from roasting pan to make gravy, if desired.
- Stir vegetables; continue baking if not tender. Slice tenderloin; arrange on serving platter with roasted vegetables.
|Serving Size:||1/10 of total recipe (without gravy)|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
Grill it, bake it, blacken it or even eat it raw. These are just a few of the ways that our recipes suggest to cook fish. Try them today.
If you're looking for a different way to prepare lasagna, try this recipe for spinach lasagna roll-ups with tomato coulis.