YIELD Makes 10 servings
This flavorful dish, perfect for the meat and potato lover, packs an impressive punch of essential nutrients. It can't be beat as a source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B12, iron and phosphorous.
|1||beef tenderloin roast (about 3 pounds), trimmed of fat|
|1/2||cup chardonnay or other dry white wine|
|1/2||cup reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|2||cloves garlic, sliced|
|1||tablespoon fresh rosemary|
|1||tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|1||teaspoon dry mustard|
|1||pound small red or white potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1||pound brussels sprouts|
|1||package (12 ounces) baby carrots|
- Place roast in large resealable food storage bag. Combine wine, soy sauce, garlic, rosemary, Dijon mustard and dry mustard in small bowl. Pour over roast. Seal bag; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 4 to 12 hours, turning several times.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 13X9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes, brussels sprouts and carrots in pan. Remove roast from marinade. Pour marinade over vegetables; toss to coat well. Cover vegetables with foil; roast 30 minutes. Stir.
- Place tenderloin on vegetables. Roast, uncovered, 35 to 45 minutes or until internal temperature of roast reaches 135°F for medium-rare to 150°F for medium when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of tenderloin.
- Transfer tenderloin to cutting board; tent with foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving. (Internal temperature will continue to rise 5°F to 10°F during stand time.) Reserve drippings from roasting pan to make gravy, if desired.
- Stir vegetables; continue baking if not tender. Slice tenderloin; arrange on serving platter with roasted vegetables.
|Serving Size:||1/10 of total recipe (without gravy)|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
If meat isn't part of your main dish plans, don't worry because we've got you covered. Browse our collection of the best vegetarian meals around.
There are hundreds of ways to cook pork, so check out our recipes to see which one you'd like to try for your next meal.