YIELD Makes about 2-1/2 dozen cookies
|1/2||cup butter, softened|
|1/2||cup all-purpose flour|
|4||ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped or semisweet chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white, vanilla and salt. Gradually add flour. Beat until well blended. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of batter 4 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. (Bake only 4 cookies per sheet.) Flatten slightly with spatula.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until cookies are deep golden brown. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet 1 minute. Working quickly, while cookies are still hot, drape cookies over rolling pin or bottle so both sides hang down and form saddle shape; cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Tilt saucepan to pool chocolate at one end; dip edge of each cookie, turning slowly so entire edge is tinged with chocolate.
- Transfer cookies to waxed paper; let stand at room temperature 1 hour or until set. Store tightly covered at room temperature. Do not freeze.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.