Blondie Biscotti with Almonds the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Blondie Biscotti with Almonds
Makes about 3 dozen biscotti
|1||cup slivered almonds|
|1||package (about 18 ounces) white cake mix|
|2/3||cup all-purpose flour|
|3||tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly|
|3||tablespoons freshly grated lemon peel|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add almonds and cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or just until fragrant, stirring constantly. Do not brown. Set aside.
- Beat cake mix, flour, eggs, butter and vanilla in large bowl 1 to 2 minutes at low speed of electric mixer or until well blended. Stir in almonds and lemon peel. Knead dough 7 to 8 times or until ingredients are well blended.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 12X2X1/2-inch log; place logs 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers of logs comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack 25 minutes.
- Remove biscotti logs to cutting board, peeling off parchment paper. Using serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheet; bake 10 minutes or until bottom of slices are golden brown.
- Remove biscotti to wire racks; cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Check out more recipes for Biscotti