YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1‑1/2||pounds ground beef sirloin|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese|
|1/4||cup crumbled blue cheese|
|1/4||cup finely chopped parsley|
|2||teaspoons Dijon mustard|
|1||teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|2||teaspoons olive oil|
|1||medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips|
- Shape beef into 8 patties, about 4 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine cheeses, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt in small bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Mound 1/4 cheese mixture on each of 4 patties (about 3 tablespoons per patty). Top with remaining 4 patties; pinch edges of patties to seal completely. Set aside.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pepper strips; cook and stir until edges of peppers begin to brown. Sprinkle with salt. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add beef patties to same skillet; cook on medium-high 5 minutes. Turn patties; top with peppers. Cook 4 minutes to medium (160°F) or to desired doneness.
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Calories from Fat||62 %|
If you're looking for a main dish, try this recipe for Dan and Scott's chipotle pork loin with blue potato salad from Kick Off Cook Off.
There are hundreds of ways to cook pork, so check out our recipes to see which one you'd like to try for your next meal.