YIELD Makes 12 muffins
|8||ounces cream cheese, softened|
|1||cup plus 1 tablespoon no-calorie sugar substitute for baking, divided|
|1||teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|3/4||cup bran flakes cereal|
|1/2||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup soy flour|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|3||tablespoons melted butter|
|4||tablespoons no-sugar-added blueberry fruit spread|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl at high speed of electric mixer until smooth. Beat in 3/4 cup sugar substitute, 1 egg, lemon peel and vanilla.
- Stir together cereal, flours, 1/4 cup sugar substitute, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. In separate small bowl, whisk milk, butter and remaining egg until blended; pour over cereal mixture. Mix gently just until blended.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter into each muffin cup. Spread 1 teaspoon fruit spread over batter. Spread cream cheese mixture over fruit spread. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar substitute and cinnamon; sprinkle mixture evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpicks inserted into centers come out clean. Cool muffins 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove muffins from pan and cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftover muffins.
|Serving Size:||1 muffin|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Calories from Fat||57 %|
You Might Also Like
Learn how to cultivate your own sourdough bread starter to bring that old-time taste home. Learn more about sourdough bread starter recipe.
The bread machine is a great invention because it gives the everyday gourmet the tools to make great breads and pastries. Learn how to use your bread machine with our collection of recipes.