YIELD Makes 4 servings
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|2||medium carrots, thinly sliced|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||cup dry white wine|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained and juice reserved|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|4||bluefish fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds)|
|Kalamata olives, small chunks of feta cheese and fresh parsley|
|Fresh marjoram sprigs for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and garlic; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add wine and scrape any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add reserved tomato juice to skillet. Coarsely chop tomatoes. Add tomatoes, 2 tablespoons parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened.
- Spread one third of vegetable mixture in bottom of shallow 12X8-inch baking dish. Rinse bluefish and pat dry with paper towels. Arrange fish, skin side down, on top of vegetable mixture in dish.
- Spoon remaining vegetable mixture over fish. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Top with olives, cheese and parsley. Garnish, if desired.
This recipe appears in: European