Bodacious Grilled Ribs
Makes 4 servings
|4||pounds pork loin back ribs|
|2||teaspoons dried basil|
|1/2||teaspoon onion powder|
|1/4||teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4||teaspoon ground red pepper|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||sheets (24X18 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|1||cup barbecue sauce|
|1/2||cup apricot all-fruit spread|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking. Cut ribs into 4- to 6-rib pieces.
- Combine paprika, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper and black pepper in small bowl. Rub on both sides of rib pieces. Place 2 pounds of ribs, in single layer, in center of each foil sheet. Place 4 ice cubes on top of each.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place on baking sheet. Stir together barbecue sauce and jam; set aside.
- Slide packets off baking sheet onto grill grid. Grill, covered, over medium coals 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape.
- Open packets and transfer ribs to grill rack. Brush with barbecue sauce mixture. Continue grilling 5 to 10 minutes, brushing with sauce and turning often.
Check out more recipes for Southern