Bowtie Pasta with Chicken and Roasted Garlic
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|1-1/4||pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves|
|1||package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta|
|5||tablespoons olive oil|
|4||cloves garlic, minced|
|1-1/2||pounds shiitake mushrooms, sliced|
|2||cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes|
|1||cup chopped green onions|
|1||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|2||cups chicken broth|
|4||ounces cilantro, chopped and divided|
- Prepare grill for direct grilling.
- Grill chicken, on covered grill, 6 to 8 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning chicken over halfway through cooking. Refrigerate chicken until cool enough to handle. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic 1 minute. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add broth; simmer mixture to reduce slightly. Add chicken, pasta and half of cilantro; heat through. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
Check out more recipes for Chicken