YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||can or bottle (12 ounces) beer (not dark)|
|4||bratwurst (about 1 pound)|
|1||sweet or Spanish onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|4||hot dog rolls|
- Prepare coals for direct grilling.
- Pour beer into heavy medium saucepan with ovenproof handle. (If not ovenproof, wrap heavy-duty foil around handle.) Place saucepan on grill.
- Pierce bratwurst with knife; add to beer. Simmer, uncovered, over medium coals 15 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Place onion rings on heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold sides of foil over rings to enclose. Place packets on grill. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until onion rings are tender.
- Transfer bratwurst to grill. Remove saucepan from grill; discard beer. Grill bratwurst 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through, turning once during grilling.
- Place bratwurst in rolls. Top with onions. Garnish as desired.
You Might Also Like
Contrary to popular belief, Southern cuisine does not have to involve frying everything (but it helps in many cases). Learn the secrets of country cooking with our Southern recipes. Y'all enjoy.
Try this Mom's Stewed Fish with Plantains recipe provided by Miss Virgin Islands, Shayla S. Solomon.