Brats 'n' Beer
YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||can or bottle (12 ounces) beer (not dark)|
|4||bratwurst (about 1 pound)|
|1||sweet or Spanish onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|4||hot dog rolls|
- Prepare coals for direct grilling.
- Pour beer into heavy medium saucepan with ovenproof handle. (If not ovenproof, wrap heavy-duty foil around handle.) Place saucepan on grill.
- Pierce bratwurst with knife; add to beer. Simmer, uncovered, over medium coals 15 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Place onion rings on heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold sides of foil over rings to enclose. Place packets on grill. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until onion rings are tender.
- Transfer bratwurst to grill. Remove saucepan from grill; discard beer. Grill bratwurst 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through, turning once during grilling.
- Place bratwurst in rolls. Top with onions. Garnish as desired.
This recipe appears in: Midwestern
You Might Also Like