Bride of Frankenstein
Makes 20 to 24 servings
|2||frozen family size loaf pound cakes|
|3||containers (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting|
|Yellow and green food coloring|
|3||to 4 ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|2||tubes (4-1/4 ounces each) orange decorating icing|
|2||tubes (4-1/4 ounces each) black decorating icing|
|1||tube (0.6 ounce) black gel icing|
|2||red candy-coated chocolate pieces|
|1||black gummy drop|
|12||green candy-coated chocolate pieces|
|2||large black gumdrops|
- Slice pound cakes in half horizontally and trim ends to make straight edges. Position two cake halves on serving platter, cut sides up, adjoining cakes end-to-end.
- Tint 1 container vanilla frosting with yellow and green food coloring to make lime green color. Frost top of cakes on serving platter and cut sides of remaining two cake halves.
- Cover cake on serving platter with banana slices and top with remaining cake halves, frosting sides down. Frost top and sides of one third of entire cake for face.
- In medium bowl, tint 1 container vanilla frosting orange by stirring in contents of 2 tubes of orange decorating icing. In separate bowl, repeat with remaining container vanilla frosting and 2 tubes of black decorating icing. Using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe alternating wavy lines of orange and black icing on remainder of cake for hair.
- Cut marshmallow in half and place pieces on face for eyes. Add pupils and eyelashes with black gel. Draw on crooked mouth with black gel. Add a red candy piece at each end of mouth. Add black gummy drop for nose. Make a necklace with green candy pieces. Place a black gumdrop on each side of face for "bolts."
Check out more recipes for Halloween