YIELD Makes 4 servings
Shiitake mushrooms, sold dried in the Asian section of grocery stores and occasionally found fresh in some produce departments, have a deep rich flavor unlike familiar white mushrooms.
|1‑1/2||ounces dried shiitake mushrooms|
|6||ounces thin dried egg noodles|
|3/4||pound chicken tenders|
|1/4||cup dry sherry|
|1/4||cup reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|2||teaspoons dark sesame oil|
|1/8||to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|4||cups broccoli florets|
|1||medium onion, halved and sliced into 1/4-inch slices|
|4||teaspoons chopped fresh ginger|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon olive oil|
- Place mushrooms in small bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 30 minutes or until caps are soft. Drain mushrooms; squeeze out excess water. Discard stems. Slice caps into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Meanwhile, bring 2 quarts water to a boil in large saucepan. Add noodles; boil 8 minutes, or until tender. Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
- Slice tenders diagonal into 1/2-inch-wide pieces. Combine water, sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil and crushed pepper in small bowl.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over high heat. Add half the chicken; stir-fry 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add broccoli, onion and 1/4 cup water to skillet. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes (add water, 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time, if skillet cooks dry). Remove; keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat; add ginger, garlic and olive oil. Return to heat; stir-fry 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil. Return chicken and vegetables to skillet. Add mushrooms and noodles; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes until heated through.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Calories from Fat||18 %|
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.
Learn to cook authentic Middle Eastern cuisine by checking out our collection of recipes. And you can use a fork if you'd like.