Brunch Eggs Olé
Makes 8 servings
|1/2||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|2||cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers|
|1-1/2||cups (12 ounces) small curd cottage cheese|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese|
|1||jalapeño pepper,* seeded and chopped|
|1/2||teaspoon hot pepper sauce|
*Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Beat eggs in large bowl at high speed of electric mixer 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened and lemon colored.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Stir flour mixture into eggs until blended.
- Combine Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, jalapeño and hot pepper sauce in medium bowl; mix well. Fold into egg mixture until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and firm in center. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares to serve. Serve with Fresh Salsa. Garnish as desired.
|Serving Size:||1/8 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Calories from Fat||56 %|
Check out more recipes for Mexican