Note from the TLC Editors: This recipe is an authentic BBQ Pitmasters recipe. Our Pitmasters are really spontaneous and like to create their recipes on the fly, so measurements and cook times are a little loose. Tweak the recipes to suit your tastes and check out How to Grill Food for more tips.
- Trim all but 1/8 inch of fat. Scrape knife across silver skin to break it down.
- Inject brisket, then rub with olive oil before applying BBQ rub.
- Let sit until room temperature.
- Cook at 225 degrees for 2-3 hours.
- Raise to 250 degrees. Cook 2-3 hours until int. temp of 170 degrees.
- Remove and cut off point. Place over foil. Pour injection over and reseason. Wrap foil and return to cooker.
- Cook 4-6 hours until int. temp of 195 degrees, then unwrap to firm up bark.
- Remove from heat, soak in au jus and let cool before slicing and serving.
Check out more recipes for Summer