YIELD Makes about 1-1/2 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|Black and red food colorings|
- Remove dough from wrapper. Divide dough in half; place in separate medium bowls. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Add black food coloring to dough in one bowl and red food coloring to dough in remaining bowl. Beat doughs separately until evenly colored. Wrap doughs separately in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll black dough on lightly floured waxed paper to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle dough with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary. Cut dough using 3-inch round cookie cutter; place cutouts 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with red dough, cutting out same number of red circles as black circles.
- Cut and remove circles from centers of 3-inch cutouts using 2-inch round cookie cutter. Place red 2-inch circles into centers of black 3-inch rings; place black 2-inch circles into centers of red 3-inch rings.
- Cut and remove circles from centers of 2-inch cutouts using 1-inch round cookie cutter. Place red 1-inch circles into centers of black 2-inch rings; place black 1-inch circles into centers of red 2-inch rings.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until firm but not browned. Cool on cookie sheets 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
Make a batch of mint cookies that will amaze and delight your friends and family with your prowess in the kitchen.
Who can pass up a peanut butter cookie? Check out our recipes and you'll be able to share these delectable morsels with all of your friends.