Makes 14 to 18 servings
|4||cups cake batter|
|1||(10-inch) round cake board, covered, or large plate|
|1-3/4||cups prepared white frosting|
|Assorted black, yellow and red candies|
|Black licorice twists|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2-1/2-quart ovenproof bowl. Pour cake batter into prepared bowl. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in bowl. Loosen edge; invert onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Trim flat side of cake. Turn cake over and cut small piece from top of cake to slightly flatten back of bee, if desired. Place cake on prepared cake board.
- Reserve 1/4 cup white frosting. Tint 3/4 cup frosting black and 3/4 cup frosting yellow.
- Using toothpick, mark semicircle about 3-1/2 inches from one edge of cake for face, and 3 parallel semicircles for rest of body.
- Frost face with reserved white frosting. Alternately frost body sections with yellow and black, piping frosting with floral tip to create fuzzy texture, if desired. Reserve small portion of black frosting.
- Using medium writing tip and reserved black frosting, pipe line between head and body.
- Arrange assorted candies and licorice twists for face, antennae, legs, wings and stinger as shown in photo.
Check out more recipes for Special Occasions