YIELD Makes 6 servings
|Red Beans and Rice (recipe follows, optional)|
|6||skinless catfish fillets (6 ounces each)|
|12||frozen, deveined, shelled large shrimp, thawed|
|1/3||cup olive oil|
|1||teaspoon dried thyme|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/8||to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper|
|6||sheets (15X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare Red Beans and Rice, if desired.
- Place catfish and shrimp in resealable food storage bag. Combine oil, thyme, oregano, garlic, salt, black pepper and red pepper in small bowl. Add to bag. Seal bag; turn bag to coat fish and shrimp. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Remove fish and shrimp from marinade; discard remaining marinade. Place one fish fillet in center of 1 foil sheet. Top with 2 shrimp.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet, leaving head space for heat circulation. Repeat with remaining fish, shrimp and foil sheets to make 5 more packets. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Open packet and transfer contents to serving plates. Serve with Red Beans and Rice.
Learn how to make authentic Southwestern foods by following our easy-to-cook recipes that will help to spice up your next meal.
Learn how to prepare traditional Northeastern meals and dishes that will delight even the staunchest Yankee stomach.