YIELD Makes 6 servings
|Red Beans and Rice (recipe follows, optional)|
|6||skinless catfish fillets (6 ounces each)|
|12||frozen, deveined, shelled large shrimp, thawed|
|1/3||cup olive oil|
|1||teaspoon dried thyme|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/8||to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper|
|6||sheets (15X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare Red Beans and Rice, if desired.
- Place catfish and shrimp in resealable food storage bag. Combine oil, thyme, oregano, garlic, salt, black pepper and red pepper in small bowl. Add to bag. Seal bag; turn bag to coat fish and shrimp. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Remove fish and shrimp from marinade; discard remaining marinade. Place one fish fillet in center of 1 foil sheet. Top with 2 shrimp.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet, leaving head space for heat circulation. Repeat with remaining fish, shrimp and foil sheets to make 5 more packets. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Open packet and transfer contents to serving plates. Serve with Red Beans and Rice.
Contrary to popular belief, Southern cuisine does not have to involve frying everything (but it helps in many cases). Learn the secrets of country cooking with our Southern recipes. Y'all enjoy.
Learn how to make authentic Southwestern foods by following our easy-to-cook recipes that will help to spice up your next meal.