Canned Peanut Butter Candy Cookies
Makes 9 (5-inch) cookies
|3/4||cup chunky peanut butter|
|1/2||cup butter, softened|
|1||cup packed light brown sugar|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|1-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||cups quartered miniature peanut butter cups|
|1/3||cup milk chocolate chips or chopped milk chocolate bar|
- Beat peanut butter and butter in large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Beat in brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Beat in flour at low speed just until mixed. Stir in peanut butter cups. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For test cookie, measure inside diameter of container. Form 1/3 cup dough into 1/4-inch-thick disc, about 2 inches in diameter less than the diameter of container. (One-third cup dough patted into 4-inch disc yields 5-inch cookie. Measure amount of dough used and diameter of cookie before and after baking. Make adjustments before making remaining cookies.)
- Place dough on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in small resealable food storage bag; seal bag. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute. Turn bag over; microwave on MEDIUM 1 minute or until melted. Knead bag until chocolate is smooth. Cut off very tiny corner of bag; pipe chocolate decoratively onto cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set.
- Stack cookies between layers of waxed paper in container. Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 1 week.
Check out more recipes for Peanut Butter