YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1‑1/2||pounds skinless chicken thighs (4 to 6 thighs)|
|3||tablespoons fish sauce|
|2||cloves garlic, slivered|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1||tablespoon lemon juice|
- Remove outer leaves from lemongrass and discard. Trim off and discard upper stalks. Flatten lemongrass with meat mallet. Cut lemongrass into 1-inch pieces.
- Place chicken in large resealable food storage bag; add fish sauce, sugar, garlic, pepper and lemongrass. Seal bag tightly; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from food storage bag; reserve marinade. Cook chicken 10 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Pour reserved marinade into skillet; bring to a boil. Boil 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in center, turning chicken occasionally.
- Stir lemon juice into skillet. Turn chicken pieces over to coat. Garnish as desired.
You Might Also Like
Learn to cook authentic Middle Eastern cuisine by checking out our collection of recipes. And you can use a fork if you'd like.
Contrary to popular belief, Southern cuisine does not have to involve frying everything (but it helps in many cases). Learn the secrets of country cooking with our Southern recipes. Y'all enjoy.