YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1‑1/2||pounds skinless chicken thighs (4 to 6 thighs)|
|3||tablespoons fish sauce|
|2||cloves garlic, slivered|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1||tablespoon lemon juice|
- Remove outer leaves from lemongrass and discard. Trim off and discard upper stalks. Flatten lemongrass with meat mallet. Cut lemongrass into 1-inch pieces.
- Place chicken in large resealable food storage bag; add fish sauce, sugar, garlic, pepper and lemongrass. Seal bag tightly; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from food storage bag; reserve marinade. Cook chicken 10 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Pour reserved marinade into skillet; bring to a boil. Boil 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in center, turning chicken occasionally.
- Stir lemon juice into skillet. Turn chicken pieces over to coat. Garnish as desired.
Anyone can cook. Take this to heart the next time you embark of trying to cook authentic French cuisine. Read our recipes to find out everything you need to know.
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.