YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1‑1/2||pounds skinless chicken thighs (4 to 6 thighs)|
|3||tablespoons fish sauce|
|2||cloves garlic, slivered|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1||tablespoon lemon juice|
- Remove outer leaves from lemongrass and discard. Trim off and discard upper stalks. Flatten lemongrass with meat mallet. Cut lemongrass into 1-inch pieces.
- Place chicken in large resealable food storage bag; add fish sauce, sugar, garlic, pepper and lemongrass. Seal bag tightly; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from food storage bag; reserve marinade. Cook chicken 10 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Pour reserved marinade into skillet; bring to a boil. Boil 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in center, turning chicken occasionally.
- Stir lemon juice into skillet. Turn chicken pieces over to coat. Garnish as desired.
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
Have you ever wanted to cook authentic Thai food instead of going out to a fancy restaurant? Now you can with our Thai recipes.