Makes 4 servings
|1||teaspoon salt, divided|
|2||oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and diced, and 2 tablespoons oil reserved|
|1-1/3||cup mashed potato flakes|
|2||bags (6 ounces each) ready-to-eat baby spinach|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|4||catfish fillets (6 ounces each)|
|4||tablespoons flour for dusting|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
- Bring water, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons reserved tomato oil to boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in potato flakes. Cover; let stand about 30 seconds. Remove cover; whip with fork or whisk until fluffy. Cover; keep warm.
- Spray large nonstick pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add 1 bag of spinach in batches. As spinach wilts, add second bag in batches, until spinach just wilts, about 5 minutes. Add remaining salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover; remove from heat; keep warm.
- Place catfish fillets, flour and salt and pepper to taste in a plastic bag. Seal bag and shake to coat fillets with flour.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook catfish fillets until browned on 1 side, about 5 to 6 minutes. Turn and cook until browned on other side, 5 to 6 minutes.
- To serve: Spoon mashed potatoes equally onto 4 plates in oval mounds. Divide steamed spinach equally and layer over potatoes. Top each stack with 1 catfish fillet.
Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired, or finely julienne a third sun-dried tomato and several fresh spinach leaves before cooking to use as garnish.
Check out more recipes for Fish