Cheese & Chorizo Burritos
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|24||corn tortillas (4-inch diameter) or 6 flour tortillas (8-inch diameter), cut into quarters|
|8||ounces queso Chihuahua or Monterey Jack cheese|
|4||to 6 ounces chorizo|
|Chilies for garnish|
*Or, substitute Fresh Tomato Salsa for the Onion-Chili Relish.
- Prepare Onion-Chili Relish.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap tortillas in foil.
- Cut cheese into very thin slices. Divide slices evenly among 4 to 6 small, ovenproof plates. (Or, place slices in 1 large, shallow casserole.)
- Remove and discard casing from chorizo. Heat medium skillet over high heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium. Crumble chorizo into skillet. Brown 6 to 8 minutes; stir to separate meat. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
- Bake cheese 3 minutes. Place tortillas in oven; continue baking 4 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Place tortillas in serving bowl; sprinkle chorizo evenly over cheese. To serve, spoon cheese mixture onto tortillas and top with relish; fold tortilla around filling. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Mexican