Cheesy Chorizo Wedges
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|Red & Green Salsa (recipe follows, optional)|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|3||flour tortillas (10-inch diameter)|
- Prepare Red & Green Salsa.
- Remove and discard casing from chorizo. Heat medium skillet over high heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium. Crumble chorizo into skillet. Brown 6 to 8 minutes, stirring to separate meat. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine cheeses in small bowl.
- Place tortillas on baking sheets. Divide chorizo evenly among tortillas, leaving 1/2 inch of edges of tortillas uncovered. Sprinkle cheese mixture over top.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until edges are crisp and golden and cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Transfer to serving plates; cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. Serve with Red & Green Salsa.
Check out more recipes for Mexican