Cheesy Herb-Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach Fettuccine
Prep and Cook Time 30 minutes
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|2||packages (9 ounces each) fresh or dried spinach fettuccine|
|1/3||cup extra-virgin olive oil|
|1||tablespoon dried basil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese|
|16||large mushrooms, 2-inch diameter, rinsed and stems removed|
- Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain; return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, basil and garlic in small bowl; pour over cooked pasta. Toss well; set aside.
- Cut aluminum foil into 4 large squares. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese into each mushroom cap. Place four mushroom caps, cheese side up, in center of each square. Fold aluminum foil to close, leaving small air pocket directly above cheese.
- Place packets on grid. Grill over hot coals 5 minutes or until mushroom caps are fork-tender. Remove from grill.
- Transfer fettuccine to serving bowl. Remove mushroom caps from packets; arrange over fettuccine. Serve immediately.
Grill zucchini spears along with the mushroom packets. Serve with a colorful garden salad and crusty French bread.
|Total Fat||36 g|
Check out more recipes for Italian