Cheesy Zucchini Caterpillar
the Editors of
Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 1 serving
||straight zucchini (about 6 inches long)
||teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
||teaspoon garlic salt
||teaspoon onion powder
||slice (3/4 ounce) fat-free processed sharp Cheddar cheese, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Trim ends off of zucchini and throw them away. About every 1/2 inch, slice 3/4 of the way through the zucchini, being careful not to cut all the way through (the slice should still be connected).
- Gently dry zucchini with a paper towel.
- Place zucchini on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap around the zucchini
- Spread the top of the zucchini with margarine, then sprinkle evenly with the garlic salt and the onion powder.
- Wrap the zucchini in foil and pinch foil closed.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until zucchini is tender when poked with a fork.
- Remove zucchini from the oven and carefully open the foil (watch out for steam).
- Lay cheese slices down the length of the zucchini. Leave the foil open.
- Place zucchini back in the oven 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
|Calories from Fat
||1 very lean
Check out more recipes for Cooking with Kids