Makes 12 servings
|2||teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1||cup seeded and chopped green and/or red bell peppers|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted|
|1||container (8 ounces) ricotta cheese|
|2||cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided|
|1-1/2||cups chopped cooked chicken|
|1||package (10 ounces) frozen chopped asparagus,* thawed and drained|
|8||ounces egg noodles, cooked|
|Black pepper (optional)|
*Or, substitute 1/2 pound fresh asparagus cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Bring 6 cups water to a boil over high heat in large saucepan. Add fresh asparagus. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13X9-inch casserole; set aside.
- Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers, onion and garlic; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Mix soup, ricotta cheese, 1 cup Cheddar cheese and eggs in large bowl until well blended. Add onion mixture, chicken, asparagus and noodles; mix well. Season with pepper, if desired.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared casserole. Top with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until center is set and cheese is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired.
Check out more recipes for Chicken