Chicken Baked in Foil
Makes 4 servings
|4||boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)|
|4||sheets (18X12) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|1||cup matchstick-size carrot strips|
|1||cup matchstick-size zucchini strips|
|1/2||cup snow peas|
|1/2||cup thinly sliced red bell pepper|
|2-1/4||cups chicken broth, divided|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||package (6 ounces) wheat pilaf mix|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place 1 chicken breast in center of each sheet of foil; arrange carrots, zucchini, peas and bell pepper around chicken.
- Combine 1/2 cup chicken broth and flour in small saucepan; stir in garlic, thyme, salt, nutmeg and black pepper. Heat to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute. Spoon broth mixture evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Double fold sides and edges of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is not longer pink in center. Remove packets from oven. Carefully open one end of packets to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates.
- Place remaining 1-3/4 cups chicken broth in medium saucepan. Heat to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in pilaf mix (discard spice packet). Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Calories from Fat||9 %|
Check out more recipes for Chicken