Makes 6 servings
|3||pounds chicken pieces|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|3||cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1||pound whole baby carrots|
|1||medium onion, cut into wedges|
|3||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|3/4||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|1||tablespoon lemon juice|
|3||tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill weed|
|6||cups hot cooked noodles|
- Coat chicken pieces very lightly with flour. Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook chicken 10 to 15 minutes or until browned on all sides. Drain fat from skillet.
- Add chicken broth and bay leaf to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (170°F for breast meat, 180°F for dark meat). Add carrots and onion during last 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables with slotted spoon to platter; keep warm. Bring broth to a boil; boil until reduced to 1 cup. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Melt margarine in small saucepan over low heat; stir in 3 tablespoons flour. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broth, milk and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Boil until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in dill, sugar and salt.
- Serve chicken over noodles on serving plates; top with sauce.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Calories from Fat||30 %|
Check out more recipes for Chicken