From forum user: keribabs
|3 sticks butter|
|3 tablespoons garlic|
|1 medium onion|
|1 can sliced olives|
|3 packets Sazon Goya|
|Two 12-oz. cans beer (make sure it is a beer you like)|
|¼ c Tabasco sauce|
|1.5 pounds cubed chicken (shrimp or steak*)|
|2 cups water|
|1 box Goya Spanish rice (yellow rice)|
|French fries of your choice|
|1 package chourico (Portuguese sausage)*|
- In a saucepan, place 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 cups of water. Allow to boil. Add rice and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Follow instructions on bag to cook french fries.
- Place remainder of butter into a large, deep frying pan over a medium flame. Add garlic and onion and begin sautéeing. Next, combine Sazon GOYA spice, beer, sliced olives, Tabasco sauce, chicken and chourico (optional) in frying pan.
- Cook at least 20 minutes to assure chicken is fully cooked. Add lid to frying pan. Stir frequently.
*Steak: Cook for 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, place rice on plate, put french fries over rice and add Chicken Mozambique with juice on top. The french fries and rice will absorb the flavor of the Mozambique sauce.
*Shrimp: Let everything cook for about 15 minutes, then add shrimp and cook for an additional 5 minutes so texture is not rubbery.
Grill it, bake it, blacken it or even eat it raw. These are just a few of the ways that our recipes suggest to cook fish. Try them today.
If you're looking for a great main dish, try this recipe for Moroccan chicken with roasted vegetable couscous from Inedible to Incredible.