Chicken with Lychees
Makes 4 servings
|1/4||cup plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch, divided|
|3||boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), cut into bite-size pieces|
|1/2||cup water, divided|
|1/2||cup tomato sauce|
|1||teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules|
|3||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|6||green onions with tops, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1||red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1||can (11 ounces) whole peeled lychees, drained|
|Cooked Cellophane Noodles (recipe follows, optional)|
- Place 1/4 cup cornstarch in large resealable food storage bag; add chicken. Seal bag; shake until chicken is well coated.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in small cup; mix well. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water, tomato sauce, sugar and bouillon granules in small bowl; mix well.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Add onions and bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over chicken mixture. Stir in lychees. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer until chicken is tender and no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture; add to wok. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Serve over hot Cellophane Noodles.
Check out more recipes for Chinese