YIELD Makes about 2-1/2 dozen sandwich cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|4||ounces almond paste|
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||container (16 ounces) dark chocolate frosting|
- Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Combine dough, almond paste and flour in large bowl; beat until well blended. Divide dough into 3 pieces; freeze 20 minutes. On waxed paper or plastic wrap, shape each piece into 1X10-inch log. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. (Or freeze about 1 hour or until firm.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Cut dough into 3/8-inch slices; place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spread scant 2 teaspoons frosting each on bottoms of half the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Place dab of frosting and sliced almond on top of each sandwich cookie.
You Might Also Like
Learn to make butter & sugar cookies with our quick and easy recipes. Butter & sugar cookies make a wonderful dessert or snack.
Making friends and influencing people can usually be best achieved by sharing a batch of fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate cookies. Try it and you'll see.