Chocolate Caramel Nut Bars
Makes about 48 bars
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix|
|3/4||cup butter, melted|
|1/2||cup milk, divided|
|1||cup cashews, coarsely chopped|
|1||cup semisweet chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 13X9-inch baking pan. Combine cake mix, butter and 1/4 cup milk in medium bowl; mix well. Spread half of batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until batter just begins to form crust. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, combine caramels and remaining 1/4 cup milk in heavy medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, about 5 minutes or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour melted caramel mixture over partially baked crust. Combine cashews and chocolate chips in small bowl; sprinkle over caramel mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of remaining batter evenly over nut mixture. Return pan to oven; bake 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with finger. (Caramel center will be soft.) Let cool on wire rack before cutting into squares or bars. (Bars can be frozen; let thaw 20 to 25 minutes before serving.)
|Total Fat||16 g|
Check out more recipes for Cookie Bars