Makes 6 to 8 servings
|1-1/2||cups chocolate cookie crumbs|
|3/4||cup chopped pecans|
|1/3||cup margarine or butter, melted|
|1||envelope unflavored gelatin|
|2-1/4||cups whipping cream, divided|
|2||egg yolks, beaten lightly|
|1-1/2||cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips|
|Caramel Flowers (recipe follows, optional)|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine cookie crumbs, pecans and margarine in small bowl; press onto bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Cool crust completely in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water in small saucepan. Let stand 3 minutes for gelatin to soften. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 cup whipping cream in small microwavable bowl at HIGH 45 seconds or until warm; add to gelatin mixture.
- Heat 1-1/2 cups whipping cream in medium saucepan until hot. Place egg yolks in small bowl. Stir some of the hot cream into egg yolks. Stir back into hot cream. Cook, whisking constantly, about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add gelatin mixture to saucepan; remove from heat. Add chocolate and vanilla; stir until chocolate is melted. Pour mixture into large bowl; refrigerate 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, combine caramels and remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream in small saucepan. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted and smooth. Pour caramel mixture into crust; let stand about 10 minutes.
- Beat thickened gelatin mixture with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Pour over caramel layer; refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Garnish with Caramel Flowers, if desired.
Place unwrapped, softened caramel between two sheets of waxed paper. With rolling pin, roll out caramel to 2-inch oval. (Press down firmly with rolling pin.) Remove caramel from waxed paper. Starting at one corner, roll caramel into cone to resemble flower.
|Total Fat||61 g|
Check out more recipes for Pies & Tarts