YIELD Makes about 12 servings
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|4||(1-ounce squares) semisweet chocolate|
|1/2||cup hot water|
|2/3||cup granulated sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Combine chocolate and hot water in small heavy saucepan. Melt chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in clean large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Combine melted chocolate mixture, egg yolks and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until well blended.
- Gently fold chocolate mixture into egg white mixture with rubber spatula until chocolate mixture is evenly incorporated into egg white mixture.
- Pour into ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Run spatula through of batter to break up any large air bubbles. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Invert cake in pan onto metal funnel or bottle. Cool completely. Remove from pan.
Learn how to make all kinds of cheesecake - everything from the plain cheesecake to the extra-duty, tooty fruity cheesecake - and everything in between.
Whether you need to say "happy birthday", "congratulations", "welcome home" or anything in between, check out our cake recipes for the perfect cake for any occasion.