YIELD Makes 30 to 40 leaves
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) chopped semisweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips|
|Assorted nontoxic fresh leaves such as rose, lemon or camellia,* cleaned and dried|
- Place large sheet heavy-duty foil on counter.
- Fill saucepan 1/4 full (about 1 inch deep) with warm water. Place chocolate and shortening in 1-cup glass measure. To melt chocolate, place measure in warm water; stir frequently with rubber spatula until smooth. (Be careful not to get any water into chocolate or chocolate may become lumpy.)
- Brush melted chocolate onto underside of each leaf with small, clean craft paintbrush or pastry brush, coating leaf thickly and evenly. Carefully wipe off any chocolate that may have run onto front of leaf.
- Place leaves, chocolate-sides up, on foil. Let stand 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
- Carefully peel leaves away from chocolate beginning at stem ends; refrigerate chocolate leaves until ready to use.
You Might Also Like