Chocolate Surprise Cookies
Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies
|2-3/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|3/4||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|1-1/2||cups packed light brown sugar|
|1/2||cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided|
|1||cup chopped pecans, divided|
|1||package (9 ounces) caramels coated in milk chocolate|
|3||squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate, coarsely chopped|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture and 1/2 cup pecans; beat well. Cover dough; refrigerate 15 minutes or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar in shallow dish. Roll tablespoonful of dough around 1 caramel candy, covering completely; press one side into nut mixture. Place, nut side up, on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and candies, placing 3 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Let stand on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack; cool completely.
- Place white chocolate in small resealable freezer bag; seal bag. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 2 minutes. Turn bag over; microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until melted. Knead bag until chocolate is smooth. Cut off tiny corner of bag; drizzle chocolate onto cookies. Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Check out more recipes for Chocolate