Christmas Cookie Pops
YIELD Makes 20 to 24 cookies
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|20||to 24 (4-inch) lollipop sticks|
|Royal Icing (recipe)|
|6||ounces almond bark (vanilla or chocolate) or butterscotch chips|
|Assorted small candies|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets; set aside. Remove dough from wrapper according to package directions.
- Sprinkle dough with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary. Cut dough in half. Reserve 1 half; refrigerate remaining dough.
- Roll reserved dough to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut out cookies using 3-1/4- or 3-1/2-inch Christmas cookie cutters. Place lollipop sticks on cookies so that tips of sticks are imbedded in cookies. Carefully turn cookies with spatula so sticks are in back; place on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare Royal Icing.
- Melt almond bark in medium microwavable bowl according to package directions. Add 1 or more tablespoons shortening if coating is too thick. Hold cookies over bowl; spoon coating over cookies. Scrape excess coating from cookie edges. Decorate with small candies and icing immediately. Place cookies on wire racks set over waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe appears in: Christmas